Our Lady and St Joseph's Church
The Church is situated on Priory Road in Alcester, on the left hand side of the road up from the mini-roundabout in the direction of Studley. It was opened on 19 March 1889. It is served by the English Benedictine Monks of Douai Abbey, Reading, Berkshire, and is a Parish within the Archdiocese of Birmingham. The neighbouring Parishes of St Gregory the Great in Stratford-upon-Avon and St Mary’s in Studley are also served by Douai Abbey.
The Church was opened on 25 November 1855 and is dedicated to SS Peter, Paul and Elizabeth. It is a private church, located in the grounds of Coughton Court, the home of the Throckmorton family, but its congregation is part of the Alcester Parish. The church is two miles away from Alcester on the A435 in the direction of Studley. All the services are under the jurisdiction of the Parish Priest of Alcester.
Map and Directions
View Larger Map